Sperm Chromatin is an in vitro diagnostic kit that allows the measurement of Sperm DNA fragmentation in a fast, easy, and reproducible manner, without the need for complex laboratory equipment as tunnel testing. Based on Sperm Chromatin Dispersion test method which is a worldwide adopted DNA fragmentation test recommended by the WHO, the images of halos generated with Sperm Chromatin are highly contrasted and can be evaluated precisely using conventional or fluorescent microscopy.
SCD tests are recommended in
- Couples with a history of miscarriages.
- Couples with unexplained infertility for more than 6 months.
- Men older than 40 or men using tight fittings.
- Men with a history of cancer or under treatment with prescription medications.
- Men exposed to toxic agents
- Men who have had urogenital infections.
- Men with unhealthy lifestyle habits: Smoking, Obesity.
- Poor quality of the embryo during second cycles of egg donation.
- Male factor of unknown cause
- Quick operating within one hour, the result is observed under the ordinary microscope without any other special instrument, easy to apply in basic clinic setting.
- Very distinct coloration clarity which aids in identifying the formed halo accurately.
- Each kit has 15 tests/kit; cost effective.
- Efficient than the competitive products in the market.
- The reagents are stable and reliable with a shelf life of one year.